6.12.2010

this is my temporary home.

yikes. what a strange couple of days.


i was going to go in late to work on thursday because my mom was staying home, and while i was getting ready i was reading tweets on my phone. i come across some saying things along the line of "robert you will be missed." my heart stops. only one robert comes to mind. i anxiously texted my friends and my thoughts were confirmed. robert moss had in fact died.

i cannot pretend that we were amazing friends or anything, but he would always have been cemented in my list of people that made high school for me. he was close to many of my close friends even to this day. i will always remember him as my homecoming partner, the attractive drummer with a permanent smile on his face, a kind funny fellow that always offered me hugs. surely this doesn't come as a surprise, but i had a huge crush on him (yes even after he started dating amy). who wouldn't? he was a superb human being.

i'm ashamed to say that i've lost touch with several of my friends since high school, i'm ashamed that i didn't even know he was feeling so depressed. all i know is that he is in such a better place now. God is filling him with the peace and joy that he didn't find here. he's pain free.

monday is the visitation from 4-8 at woodfins, with the funeral being held at 10 on tuesday at first united methodist on thompson lane. i am not looking forward to either. this is one of the times where i hate that i'm so emotional. however, if funerals are good for anything at all, they're good for bringing friends together again. i wish i were seeing everyone i know i'll run into in better circumstances, but it will be good to see them again, however hard it's going to be for each and every one of us.

my prayers are still going out the Moss, Jordan, and Knox families.

"this is my temporary home
it's not where i belong
windows and rooms that i'm just passin' through
this is just a stop, on the way to where i'm going
i'm not afraid because i know this is my
temporary home."

3 remarks:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

amen. I'm sure we'll all be doing a lot of things differently, had we "seen" this coming two years ago, I HIGHLY doubt anyone would've said oh well and moved on, I hope we can all hang on to those we love, and truly know what it means to "be there" for someone..
I remember him as the first person names in the girl circles of who the hottest boy is, and for throwing Amy around weightlessly in swing dance, and like you said, that smile :)
Beautiful song, beautiful words.

I love you KC

Amy said...

I'm so sorry for your loss; it's hard to lose anyone who was a part of your life, especially when they're so young. Just continue to find comfort in where he's at.